Saturday, January 3, 2009

SparkPeople Bootcamp

New Year, New You

A new topic I may be mentioning in this blog is a new fitness/weight loss challenge I am doing with some coworkers. We are all throwing in $10 for the "activity minutes" and $10 for the "Percent weight loss" challenge and after 8 weeks, whoever wins each category gets the cash. I'm not really expecting to win either prize, but feel it will give me some much-needed motivation.

To keep on track, I'm going back to using my SparkPeople account. I HIGHLY recommend this FREE online community. After signing up for an account, you can set goals, track food and exercise, and it will chart your nutrients, calories burned, weight loss, etc. I had quite a bit of success using this last Jan-June, but then fell off the wagon (don't we all?).  To jump start the contest, I joined a "New Year, New You Bootcamp" team. This challenge includes doing at least 30 minutes of cardio 5x/week plus the 10-minute strength video posted every single day. This should help me through the first four weeks along with volleyball and the fitness center after work. Trying to curb the chocolate cravings will continue to be my biggest struggle, especially after receiving my FAVORITE chocolate--peppermint bark Ghirardelli squares for Christmas. *sigh* They'll have to be my occasional treat/cheat.

It all starts tomorrow, so hopefully I will post some updates here.

No comments: