Friday, October 31, 2008

October 31: Revelation 13-22

Praise God, I made it!  The whole New Testament in one month...with 39 minutes to spare, it looks like.  With a combination of listening to audio CD's, reading my own Bible, reading the study notes and doing research online, I was able to gain a better overall understanding of what the books of the New Testament are about while digging deeper into a few issues that I found thought-provoking.  

I hope whatever track you chose for the month has blessed you and that the habit of spending time in God's word daily will not fade now that the month is over. I am very glad I stuck with this challenge, even when it would have been easier to quit, and I am thankful for those of you who stuck with me and encouraged me along the way.

Reading the New Testament has given me a greater appreciation for the true gift of Life that Jesus offers. I have become more aware of my own shortcomings and more thankful of God's forgiveness for the same. I learned about the life of the apostles, both while Jesus walked with them and after his resurrection, and admire the passion and dedication they had for growing the church. So many lessons to be learned...something new each day (for the rest of my life!)

It's been a month of learning and growth for me and the final challenge from the October Bible Challenge that I want to leave you with is the invitation of the Spirit found in the final chapter of the New Testament:

"Come! Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life." ~Revelation 22: 17b

No comments: