Saturday, September 13, 2008

September 12 Savings

The garage sale is over!  It was a lot of work, but we also had fun and it was pretty interesting too! We had lots of fun customers. They especially loved our half-off bag sale after 2:00 on Friday--give a person a bag and they'll just keep filling it! I didn't sell out of everything, but sold a good chunk of the junk! In all, we grossed $890 for 5 "families" and my take was $240. I was completely happy with the result considering my highest priced item was only $7 and we surprisingly sold lots of clothes! I probably won't need to have a sale for a while again and just need to finish up unpacking and donating what didn't sell.

Investment: Working the sale from noon-6:30 on Friday, then cleaning up, calculating, and counting money well into the evening.

Instead of: Making it to DH's Football game on time (But they won! Yea!)

Savings: I made $140 on Day 3. So, 10% would be the sale of not 1 but 2 Ace of Base: The Sign CDs for $1 each, 2 plates of Velveeta Fudge samples that I had brought for us to eat for $1 each to a Dordt guy-he was hungry and his friend bought the last bag of cookie dough balls, $2 for a pair of jeans to the mom of the girl who hosted the garage sale, $2 for a pie plate that had a "Baked with Love" raised imprint in the bottom, and 6 pictures frames for $1 each. Total: $14

Bonus: Sold lots of stuff, met interesting people, and feel like we gave some great deals and good merchandise to some people who really needed it.

1 comment:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Very impressive! I'm glad your sale was such a success. I would have loved to see your dorm room display. ;o) I had fun on the other side of garage-saling this weekend. (See my recent post) Guess how much I spent on everything plus a red zip fleece for me and another plant for the front landscaping?

P.S. I'm pretty sure I have another Ace of Base CD you could have sold. ;o)

P.P.S. You have great graphics every day. Are they all found using Google?