Tuesday, September 2, 2008

September 2 Savings

Investment:  Today I filled my Nalgene bottle with water from a Brita water filter pitcher in the fridge to take with me to work. I refilled it from the "water cooler" at work.

Instead of: Grabbing a Grape Powerade Zero out of the fridge. I decided to save it for another time so I don't buy any more this month.

Savings: $0.69 (They are 3/$2 at Fareway!)

Bonus: The ounces labeled on the side of the bottle help keep me on track to reach the goal of 64oz/day. Plus, no sodium!

2 comments:

Owlhaven said...

great ideas!
Mary

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Every little bit helps! I saved $.39 this morning by buying 2 loaves of bread at Kwik Star. I much prefer fresh from the store as needed rather than freezing it (like when we grew up), but I probably have my entire month's supply with a little savings on the side. Plus I've cleared out a little bit of freezer space already. Still want that chest freezer, though! ;o)