Saturday, September 27, 2008

September 26 Savings

I hit the Boyden town garage sales on my way home from work on Friday and found some books to give to my niece for her upcoming birthday. (Sorry to ruin the surprise, Megan!)

Investment: $1.25 for three books: 
  • What's in the Garden? -a Peek-Through Pals book like the Bunny book she likes so much
  • It's Pumpkin Time -her b-day is at the end of October and I know my sister will be trying her hand at growing pumpkins again next year
  • Tikki Tikki Tembo-one of my childhood favorites and fun to read aloud
Instead of: The list price for the garden book is $5.95 and ordering the other two from Amazon would have cost $6.99 and $6.95 respectively

Savings: $19.89 list price - $1.25 garage sale price = $18.64

Bonus: My niece won't know the difference between new and used (they're in decent shape) and my sister and brother-in-law will have new books to read so they can take a break from The Cat in the Hat and You Are Special marathons!

1 comment:

Life of the Lorenzens said...

Awesome! I'm very excited about the books--especially "Tikki Tikki Tembo"!