Tuesday, September 30, 2008

September 30 Savings

It is the end of the month. We made it! I'll post a final review of the month soon, but tonight I'll put in my remaining grocery savings.

Investment: I spent a grand total of $60.26 on groceries/toiletries in the month of September. Everything else was from my large stock of freezer and pantry goods, a meal or two treated by our parents, shared meals with friends, and a limited number of necessary meals out for DH that come out of our entertainment budget, as always. I also already put $19.30 in the jar in grocery savings from free food, coupons, etc.

Instead of: My monthly budget for groceries/toiletries is $369, an amount I'm embarrassed to admit is for only 2 people-the food we eat and give away.

Savings: $289.34

Bonus: I was expecting my freezer and pantry inventory to be significantly reduced. I am low on a few baking supplies (by low I mean I do not have a SECOND bag of 3 kinds of flour, 3 kinds of sugar, butter and oatmeal.)  The only thing I am out of is the weekly fresh purchases: milk, OJ, eggs, fresh fruits and veges. 

We have plenty of food.  

We did not suffer any hardship. 

If the world food supply suddenly shut down, we could survive several more months.

We are blessed.

No comments: