Tuesday, September 9, 2008

September 8 Savings

In the past year or so, I've gotten into the habit of taking home half of every restaurant meal. I order a regular meal, usually not anything too expensive, and then when my plate arrives, I divide it in half, then ask for a box to take home the half I didn't eat. The portions are usually much too large anyway, and I'm full after eating my half. It feels like you're getting a "free" restaurant meal later when you eat the leftovers.

Investment: DH's parents took us out to eat at El Azteca in Worthington (highly recommended) on Saturday night and I ordered my favorite Fajita Burrito, divided it in half and ate the leftovers for lunch today (Monday).

Instead of: Packing other food for lunch today.

Savings: About $4 (half the cost of my burrito)

Bonus: Monday's leftovers are much more exciting, and it prevents me from totally overeating by trying to finish my plate at restaurants.

No comments: